Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Lately...

Wow....it has been over a month since I last posted.
Yikes.

Please forgive me for pulling the "busy" card.
I promise... I really have been.


Anyway, let's catch up.
Here are a few things I have been doing and thinking of lately.....



Music


"The Head I Hold"  Electric Guest



"Never Let Me Go"  Florence + The Machine 



Job

I have been an actual teacher for nearly 3 whole months.
Sometimes it feels like I just have done this always.
Then some days I remembered this is my first year and to cut myself some slack.

It has been really rewarding to see the strides some of my students have been making.
I look at their reading levels from the first weeks of school and compare them with where they are at now and it is so thrilling!

I sit back and just think... I helped do that!

...one of the reason I love coming to work everyday...


Family
I have had the opportunity to see my family a lot this past month!
My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary and it was fun to all get together.

I was spoiled with not only having my parents visit, but also my brothers, sister-in-law, and niece.

I can't wait to spend Christmas with them all in paradise :)



Friends

I have had so many fun weekends! Last weekend, my roommate, Chels, and I went to Salt Lake
to go see Quidam at the Maverick Center. Both of us have been wanting to see a Cirque du Soiel show and jumped on tickets to see it close to home.

We made a day of shopping, lunch, and the show. We both loved it.
It was so clever and fantastic.
We both are dying to see one in Vegas after see their "on the road" show!


Here is a clip of an act that left us flabbergasted!
They have clothes on....promise :)



This weekend I will be enjoying a weekend in Park City and a BYU Football game. 
Pretty excited :)



Other

So excited for the results of the 2012 Election!
I have had fun discussing the Election and the process of voting with my students.

You'd be surprised what you hear about each contender from 6-year-olds.
And parents think their kids aren't listening.....

My school was a voting location and it was overwhelming (in a good way) to see how many people
came out this morning to have their voice heard.

From 7 am to 2 pm...there was a constant line out our gym door. 


#excited
#Romney2012




Have a great week! 
I hope our country is in for some big changes!!!





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Flo + the Machine. Good song. But I might love the little notes from your kids a little more. I would keep them all, make a collage and frame it because one can never reread those kinds of loves notes too many times. =) Glad to see you blogging again. I've missed your HF4F's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...