Friday, November 16, 2012

High Five for Friday

Really excited it's Friday.
I am that much closer to going home for Thanksgiving. 

I am ready for some fun!

Photobucket

Here are a few things that made my top 5 this week:


1. Made this pretty cool door decoration for my classroom.
We have been learning about verbs lately. 
With how the new Core is arranged, we basically spend a few weeks on each topic.
The kids get tired of some of the topics, so I needed to spice things up.


So, I give you Angry Verbs.
I had the kids color an Angry Bird and then write 8-10 verbs that the birds would do.
They loved it!



2. Hate to say it, but I am a Twilight fan.
Circa 2008.
I loved the books and find the movies quite entertaining.
Really excited to see the last movie this evening with some girlfriends.
Glad I found some other fans ;)




3. Totally got teary eyed in class today.
One of my little kids that has really struggled with reading has been making 
BIG strides lately. He came into 1st grade about 3 levels below grade level.

As of today... I almost have him on grade level.

We do little reading groups and I kept him back for a few minutes to try him
at a higher level today. He read it like a pro! 

I told him I would be moving him up to a new group. 
He got the biggest grin on his face!!

Those moments make all the crazy days worthwhile :)






4. Park City....this weekend :)
Here's to no icy roads and tolerable weather!!




5. Come next Wednesday, I will be hanging out in San Fran
with my parents and brother. REALLY excited.

I am excited to spend some time at home with family. 
Word on the street is mom is making some of my favorite potatoes.
#winning





5.5 Saw this outfit....really like it and want it!
Have the purse...so where can I find that sweater???




I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Remember to find some time to relax and unwind :)


2 comments:

  1. What did you think if Twilight?? p.s. I love that you have a 5 1/2. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it... however, I am easily entertained :) Yes, it was needed this week. I want that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...