Friday, August 24, 2012

High Five for Friday

Hi everybody!

First of all, I have really missed blogging this week.
Glad to be back for a "real" post!


Now, let's get down to business :]

Photobucket

Linking up with Lauren for another High Five for Friday post!


Here are a few things that made the top 5-ish of my week:




1. By the end of today, I will have completed my first week of being a first grade teacher.
Whoop whoop!





2. Finally got my school laptop!
It is making the classroom preparation and printing situation a lot easier :]

Not to mention... I can double task at home...
...watching Bachelor Pad WHILE creating lesson plans  :]





3. My mom and dad sent me flowers during my school's Open House.
Not going to lie... I teared up.





4. My students are so creative and smart.
We did a really fun text-to-self activity this week with the book Wemberly Worried.
We talked about what Wemberly worried about and then what we worry about. 

They made the cutest creations :]
And now we have art for our hallway!!






4.5. To help motivate my students to behave, I have told them that one of my classroom owl stuffed animals watches the classroom as they work. As soon as we leave the classroom, he flies down
to the desk of the student he thought was showing self control and working hard.

The kids eat this up!

The best part is....they try to have staring contests with "Snowy"...
They are amazed when he wins every time......
Such sweet things ;]






5. A few weeks ago I was telling my mom how I wanted a chevron bedspread.
I was having THE hardest time finding something I liked and that
wasn't too expensive.

Mom to the rescue. She bought the cutest fabric (gray chevron on one side and yellow polka dots on the other) 
and made me the perfect quilt. Thanks, Mom!




Needless to say, my week was fantastic. 
I love what I do and the people I work with.
Blessed :]


I hope some really exciting things made your top 5 this week! 
Have a great weekend! 


3 comments:

  1. I love me some Bachelor Pad, too! Congrats on making it through your first week as a teacher! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting your first year up teaching 1st grade!! That rings... teaching first grade for the first time (don't mind me lol).

    You work for an amazing school! Putting your pic on a plaque, and providing you guys with laptops... and a MAC!!! You struck gold girlie!

    Found you through the H54F link up!

    xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's definitely my kind of multi-tasking! Great pic on the plaque. Congrats on your first week and now I want to see your bed with that bedspread!! Nice job, Drea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...