Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Updates!

So I have a few updates!


First, I hope you noticed the new blog design. 
Thanks to my sister-in-law, I am learning how to make my blog my own!
She made my header. Don't you love it??




Second, I spent a solid five hours in my classroom today.
I stopped at Walmart and got my kids' journals and Writer's Workshop folders.

I got over 64 notebooks and 32 folders for $10 and some change.
Nearly 17 cents a piece people!



I had fun laying the materials on each desk.
I can't wait to get the finalized list so I can start labeling everything :]




I then made some small changes to the class layout.
For example, I moved this huge shelving unit of math tools that was near our small group center 
to behind my small group area. I think I like it better there :]



Then I played around with some new wall decor by the door. 
Not sure if I love it, but it was fun to try out.
The letters aren't straight...
Definitely a work in progress



Do you like the pom poms on the wall?
I used the same tutorial I used to make the Caterpillar, but just didn't "fluff" one side.
I then used a push pin to secure it to the wall.




And lastly, I found a place to live this fall. 
That takes a lot of stress off!





Excited for all things to come :]




3 comments:

  1. Super cute classroom! What school are you teaching at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meagan... right across from you! I am having a tunnel made in the attic between apartments. Hope that is still ok ;]

    @Nicole... Thank you!! Hopefully it all comes together! I will be at Bonneville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally caught up! super cute blog design! I wish I could see your cute classroom in person...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...