Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

My weekend started off with a relaxing Friday, where I got a lot of classroom prep done and even sneaked in a $1 movie. Two girlfriends and I saw John Carter. If you have seen Friday Night Lights, Riggs is the main character, hence why we went. It was a very different movie and probably one I'd never own, but entertaining!

Check out these adorable owls I had laminated! 
I am going to use them for classroom jobs and such.
I am going to put velcro on their bellies and then velcro the name of each student on an owl, that way I can use them for years to come.
I will then have them all in a tree and rotate them through the jobs!

On Saturday I woke up and helped clean our ward building. Then 3 friends and I headed to Midway to have some fun. We played the Kinect (Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports, and Adventures), went to The Store for lunch, went swimming, watched Captain America, and playing "anything goes" ping pong. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. It was great to get out of Provo with some fun friends and enjoy lots of activities. 

Then that evening I enjoyed a much overdue phone call with my mom! She has been in Canada most of the week, so we hadn't talked much. Little did we know, we talked for 2 hours!! It seriously only felt like 20 minutes. I love her and how we can talk so easily for so long :)

The rest of the weekend included getting released from my stake calling, adventures up Guardsman Pass (I fell in love with all the aspens!), intense badminton competitions, an attempt to stay awake through multiple movies, and lots of food!



How was yours? :)


P.S. Guess who will be making a trip back East this July? And guess who is super excited to take her stinkin' cute niece to the zoo???



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...