Thursday, May 31, 2012

School's Out!

Today I went to an end-of-the-year luncheon at Golden Corral in Orem for Bonneville.
I was blown away that they invited me and all of the other new teachers who will be at the school next year.

I sat down with my team and I couldn't get over how nice they all are! One of them told me how excited she was to work with me and to please go to her with any questions. Another asked about my preparations and made sure I was feeling ok about everything. 
I am amazed by their support. 

After everyone ate, we had presentations. A lot of the staff is moving or retiring this year, so the grade levels had sweet presentations to say their goodbyes. 
I couldn't get over how much everyone really seemed to care for one another and how it felt like we were all a part of one big "family."

For example, when our Principal introduced some new teachers, he called my name and said, "All of us know Lizzy!" and people clapped! It made me feel so good. Then he said when he was at Kindergarten Graduation today, one of the mom's asked who Miss Weidemann was, as I was their students 1st grade teacher. He said, "You know her! She has been subbing all year long in Kindergarten." Yet again, I felt special and supported.

I am telling ya, I totally won the lottery this year!!  

We have district training next week and I am excited to get the ball rolling :)


P.S. Just got this in an e-mail.
My mom arrived in D.C. today to visit my niece :)
She is getting so big!




2 comments:

  1. That niece of yours - pretty cute kid. Probably the cutest kid that ever lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Or at least until I have kids....then they will be tied ;)
    In Grandma's eyes at least!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...