Thursday, May 24, 2012

Classroom Prep

I can't begin this post without taking a moment to recognize how blessed I am.

Nearly a year ago, I was going through a rough transition. 
I graduated from college and, among other things, a teaching job was not looking promising.

I searched all summer for a teaching job and then come August, I tried my hand at other types of employment. I got many, many interviews, but never landed a position.
A major blow to my "I am so awesome" ego.

In the middle of September, a girl in my ward and teacher at Bonneville, suggested my name to be a sub for a girl going on maternity leave in Kindergarten. 
Thanks, Kimberly :)

Through this job, I got another 6 week maternity leave job in 3rd grade at Bonneville. I started to get to know the faculty better and soon people were asking me to sub for them on my free days.

Would I have liked a more secure job this past year? Yes! But I know this is what I needed to do and where the Lord wanted me to be. 

But now, here I am, one year later with a contract and my own classroom :)


I have been blessed with a fantastic team! I originally interviewed for the Kindergarten job, but was put in 1st grade. The team has been so welcoming and comforting. 
For example, one of the teachers opened up her files to me and has let me come in this week and make copies of whatever I want. Blessing

I have had fun getting organized and gathering all my things to take over to my classroom come the middle of June :)



I went and got this small hanging file holder at Target. I am putting all of the copies I have made in it for now and then will use it on my desk at school for my weeks plans.

Check out the inside. Tan and White chevron pattern. I love it :)



I also am finally able to get these little guys out and put them up around the room!



My mom knows me too well and knows I love little characters to go with my books. For the past few Christmas', she has gotten me one or two to start my collection. I think they are adorable around the classroom and easy decorations.

Like I said....blessed :)


1 comment:

  1. That chevron box IS cute. Isn't it interesting how our trials make the blessings so much sweeter. Glad you are receiving the fruits of your labors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...