Saturday, March 24, 2012

Successful Saturday

I am happy to report that our stake activity this morning went well! All of my committee members got there on time and did their various responsibilities. We had lots of food and about 200 stake members attend. I was thrilled!

After breakfast, I headed to one of the parks to help out and make sure things were running smoothly. We raked under large pine trees, bagged up leaves and garbage, and weeded tree beds. It was beautiful outside, so it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning!


We finished around 1, so my roommate, Chelsea, and I decided to grab some lunch and then head to Provo Beach resort to do the ropes course. Everyone and their mother was at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork today for the Festival of Colors, so we decided this would be a great day to try out the course.


We had a blast going around the course. It was a little scary at first, as we began to discovered that the harness would really support us, we could't fall, and find our balance. You start on the top level and down below are people playing video games and such, so it is a little daunting. We paid $8 and you can spend as much time on there as you want! Oh, did I mention it was a GREAT workout :)


What did you do today?




P.S.  The Huger Games was awesome. I was really impressed and thought they did a spectacular job visually representing the book and characters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...