Wednesday, March 7, 2012

...I'm it!

So my cousin, Lexie, posted the below questionnaire on her blog. If you are reading this and have a blog, you've been tagged.....so pass it on ;)

favorites & obsessions: Diet Coke, the color coral, Jackie Cardigans, music (you know I like to dance!!!), teaching, sloths, traveling, Essie nail polish (any shade of red), animal print, heels/wedges, Grey's Anatomy, ANYTHING on Bravo, etc, etc


I wish I was better at: (spiritual) Reading my scriptures; (physical) working out daily during the winter!!!; (professional) better understanding how to meet the social/academic/emotional needs of ALL student

My biggest regret: I don't really feel like I can say I "regret" anything in my life. I do, however, wish I had taken a little more time in school to have a more well-rounded schedule, taking classes outside of my major (mastering Spanish, sewing, etc).

I am: Loyal, active, intelligent, funny, bold, kind.... (this is a hard one!)

I love: my family! I would definitely not be where I am today and who I am today without the support and love of my Mom and Pops. I am grateful for such great older brothers who have always had my best interest in heart. WrW!

Can't fall asleep: To avoid getting too embarrassed... I will say, without all the lights being off! I have a very difficult time sleeping with lights on. I also like to have my water bottle by my bed, just in case I get thirsty at night :)

Main goal(s) in life: I just want to feel fulfilled! I feel I have been blessed with many talents and opportunities and I hope that I am able to use them to bring me success, happiness, and to help others. I also would love to be a mother and experience that role!

My passion: Teaching! I really love it! Yes, this is coming from the girl who said she would NEVER be a teacher! Doesn't the Lord have a sense of humor?? I should have seen it coming, however! I played countless hours of "school" in my bedroom. My mom supported this hobby by buying me blank student name tags, markers, paper, and other materials to make "my" school." I love being able to watch those moments where the "lightbulb" goes on for a student and watching them explore the world around them! It's so rewarding!

My go to feel good song: It varies, but some favorites are: Send Me on My Way (Rusted Roots), Please Don't Go (Mike Posner); Silver Lining (Rilo Kiley); Tearin' Up My Heart (NSYNC.....yes!); Hey Ya (Outkast); Turn Up the Music (Chris Brown).....etc, etc

Can't wait: for May 5th!!! Two of my best girlfriends and I will be heading off to Miami to board a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean! It will be a wonderful and warm break. We will be visiting Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman, where we plan to swim, zip line, dance, and hold monkeys!




On a side note.....

A journal entry by a 1st grader today:

"Dear Journal,

Today we have Miss Weidemann in our class! I love her. I really do. I like her coat. I like her ring. I like when she says, "capiche?" I like when she makes silly voices in books. I could spend a whole day with her! We had a fire drill today. I was not scared. Were you? Miss Weidemann let us run to the fence and back after. It was fun. "

This is why I teach :)



Oh P.S., I taught a little boy named Seabass today. Yes, you read that correctly. Seabass......

2 comments:

  1. I could spend a whole day with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking notes on boy baby names for the future... Seabass is NOT one of them. What a cute note from your 1st grader! I like your life goals - fulfillment is #1 for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...