Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Simple Testimony

While out at recess with my Kindergartners on Friday , one of the little girls starts to show me her toy horse. She is telling me it's name, what it likes to do, etc. She then proceeds to tell me that she has another toy horse, but that he can't come to school because he has a broken leg. 

One of my little boys chimes in with, "Don't worry, Jesus will heal him! It might take a little while though...."



This boy's simple testament of Christ on the school playground spoke to me on so many levels. 


1. He was exactly right. No matter how big or small a problem, ailment, decision, or situation we have, Jesus Christ will take care of it. 

2. The little boy shared with us what he knew, without hesitation. How often do I not share my testimony because I'm scared or embarrassed?

3. His declaration was simple. All he needed was one sentence. 

4. He understood that not everything happens automatically, but we often need to be patient and respect the Lord's timing. 



I love this picture. It is hanging in the advisement office of the McKay building on BYU campus and has always resonated with me.


Hope you all have had a wonderful and restful Sunday.
Bring on a new week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...