Saturday, March 3, 2012

Birchbox

Never heard of Birchbox? Click here to learn more about my favorite new discovery!

I came to know Birchbox through a blog I religiously follow. Basically, it is a monthly subscription, but instead of receiving a magazine, you receive a small, brown box containing 4-5 beauty products each month (sometimes other odds and ends!). Some might find this an incredible waste of time and resources, but for a make-up/hair product junky like myself, it doesn't get more exciting!!!




The catch is, however, you must first get on a waiting list (....yes) in order to even sign up. Talk about high demand! It took me almost a month to get an "invite" to sign up for my 3 month trial. But, once signed up, I anxiously awaited my first box! It finally arrived as my family was visiting Utah, in which I received a text message from my roommate exclaiming, "It came!!! Your Birchbox came!!!" (she was well aware of the anticipation)!!!

Let me introduce you to it's contents:



- Juicy Couture fragrance sample
- Zoya nail polish (color: Kristen)
- Tatcha oil pads
- Blow: daily volumizing conditioner
- Jouer lip gloss (color: birch box pink)
- Wichcraft granola


A good steal for only $10 bucks! I am really excited to try out the Blow volumizing conditioner. People have asked, however, "well, how does Birchbox know your skin color, preferred color schemes, etc?" Simple. You fill out a survey, explaining your habits, preferences, skin type, coloring, etc, etc! Obviously they aren't perfect (as you can see by the color of the nail polish I received ;) ), but you are bound to get something you like!

Ratings and reviews soon to come!

3 comments:

  1. I am saddened to see that there is nothing similar for guys. I'll pay 10 bucks a month to get a box of geek gadgets every few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will create one.....and make millions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up earlier this week and am on the waiting list... As a fellow hair and make uP junkie, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...