Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hello all! 
I thought I would take a quick break from packing and re-cap my last few days.
Remember how I live a rough, rough life and am off to California tomorrow? 

My weekend was pretty relaxed. By relaxed I mean, stayed in a lot, finished the 2nd book in the Hunger Games Series (Catching Fire), got frozen yogurt, ran errands, went to Zumba, and plopped myself in front of the TV. 
Relaxed, right?

As for yesterday....what a day!!! A week ago, during Spring Break, I got some phone calls about interviews. Since then, I have been worried sick and have had trouble sleeping. My mind would just not shut off, as thoughts of what-ifs swirled around. 

I had two interviews, the first of which at 8 am. After that, I ran a quick errand and then went to Bonneville to fulfill part of my second interview. For an interview with the Alpine School District, I had to record 15+ mins of me teaching. My friend Keri, whose Kinder class I taught after she had her baby, was kind enough to let me use her kids and record a pre-planned lesson. I love those kids.....a lot


I had everything setup, pressed record, taught me lesson, went to check it, and sure enough, nothing recorded. My luck! So I had to go to the interview with no footage, only to find out I have until next week to turn something in. Bless-ings!! 

Hopefully everything went well :)
I am so ready for my own classroom!!!

After interviews, we had a Ward Closing Social at the ward building. We had a Bar-BQ outside and played volleyball. These are always bittersweet, as you'll miss everyone, but excited to see who'll move in and to have a smaller ward for the summer. 

My Visiting Teachers then took me out to frozen yogurt afterwards, as they both are moving this summer. Really sweet girls and wonderful friends. 


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 


P.S. My cruise is in 18 days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...