Tuesday, April 10, 2012

More favorites

I thought it was about that time to post another round of my favorite beauty essentials.
Feel free to share with me yours :)


1. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish  (color: Soft and Gentle)
Purchased at Nordstrom for about $29

I bought this about 2 years ago and I STILL haven't even made a dent in it. This is a great product to put on after your bronzer or blush to highlight your cheekbones or give you a little shimmer. I usually only use it during the summer, but I have one girlfriend who uses it daily.



2. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (Soft Matte Bronzer)
Purchased at Nordstrom for about $32
I have been using this bronzer for a few years and haven't found anything I like as well. I tried the Bare Minerals bronzers and wasn't as pleased with the application or color. I am using the color Soft Matte right now, but I actually prefer the Soft Shimmer. It kind of gives off the look of a bronzer plus hints of the MAC skinfinsher :)



3. Loreal Voluminous Mascara (color: Carbon Black)
Purchased at Target or drug store for about $4-8
During high school I became addicted to Lancome's mascara, which runs around $22 a tube! Once getting to college, with no job, I realized my obsession would have to stop, as I went through a tube of mascara around every month and a half. My hunt began and I discovered Loreal's Voluminous mascara. The brush is thick, which helps me get all around my lashes. I like the color Carbon Black, but it also comes in regular black as well as waterproof! Try it :) I've converted quite a few people already!
Please note.....like many mascaras, you need to break the brush in! I hate the first few days of a new mascara tube!!!






4. Remington Hair Clips (colorful bobby pins)
Purchased at Target for $2
I use bobby pins daily (the gym, pull my hair up, fix a piece of loose hair). I am always envious of girls that can pull off those bobby pins with jewels attached like I so often see at Anthropologie. I found these at Target and loved the colors. They are going to be fun for the summer.......and my cruise!



5. Bare Minerals Eyecolor ( color: True Gold)
Purchased at Nordstroms or Bare Essentials store for $13
I like to add golds during the summer. This is one of my favorite highlighting colors. I like to add it in the middle of my eye lid, just for some extra color. I am obsessed with Bare Minerals eye colors. If you haven't tried them, go into a local store and experiment!




2 comments:

  1. I will have to try skinfresh.. I have heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can try out L'Oreal Mascara! You got me addicted to Lancome's Hypnose, though I now use Hypnose Drama. The lady put the wrong one in my bag and gave it a shot anyway. Have loved it since. The SkinFinish sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...