Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthday Wishes

A very happy birthday to my mom! 


Here are my 10 things I love about my mom:

1. She is my best friend. Hands down. She knows me better than anyone. I love laughing with her :)

2. She plans fun trips for my family and I! When I graduated a semester early in high school, we set off for London so she could show me the BYU London Centre. She always supports my desires to travel! 

3. She always knows exactly what to say. No matter what the situation, I can always depend on my mom to give me the advice I need to hear. 

4. She takes care of my daddy. They walk together, they go on dates, and she cuts up fruit for him to take to work each day :)

5. She is a great example of how to be a hard worker. Whether it is at the workplace, at Church, or in our home, she is always working to ensure everyone is comfortable. 

6. She has taught me how to shop....maybe a little too well! I love our annual Orange County mother-daughter trip, where we shop, enjoy the sun, eat, go to movies, and laugh. It is one of my most favorite traditions!

7. She helped raise two wonderful brothers for me. She taught them how to work hard, do well, have fun, and to be respectful. 

8. I love the confidence she has in me. She is my biggest fan, always letting me know how capable I am and how far I will/can go!

9. She helped instill a testimony of Jesus Christ in me from a young age. Her dedication to her callings and to her role as a mother has helped me better understand the gospel.

10. She really LOVES her kids. I have always loved the way my mom has wanted to spend time with her children, preferring to go out to lunch with her children than any girlfriend. As other mom's complained about kids being out of school for the summer, my mom was thrilled! I have never and will never doubt how much she loves me and my brothers. 


....oh, did I mention she is the perfect grandma, too??....





My mother is a simple testimony to me that my Heavenly Father knows me individually. He knew what kind of woman I needed to raise me, teach me, love me, and be my best friend. I may be biased, but a mom couldn't be more perfect than mine :) 

Love you, Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Lizzy. And spot on. Heavenly Father does know us individually - He knew what kind of mother-in-law I would need. =) Happiest birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...