Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Travel Tuesdays

My mom gave me a really great idea this past week
and I wanted to give it a try ASAP.

She told me about one of the blogs she reads and how the author highlights
some of her favorite places and spaces she finds along her travels. 


Thought I might as well give it a try :]

I'm calling this...




For my first post, I want to highlight
Georgetown  in Washington D.C..



I'm a little in love with this area.
Well, Virginia in general.

Walking around Georgetown, I am reminded of London.
The older architecture, the shop fronts, and relaxed attitude of shoppers.




First stop, Georgetown Cupcakes.
Ever watched D.C. Cupcakes on TLC? This is their little shop!




Here's a hint, if you get there early enough and follow them on Twitter,
you can get a FREE cupcake! 

Each day on Twitter they post the name of a cupcake that is not on the menu. Be one of 
the first 100 to ask and get it for FREE :]




Next stop, walking downtown
Like I said, I love the feel of the streets and how stores are integrated 
within the original city structures. So much character and charm!

Parks and historical sites spotting the street

View of the shops




Lastly, a stop at La Madeline, a french restaurant on the main street. 
We ordered the Croque Monsieur, a hot ham and cheese sandwich 
with a garlic cream sauce. Mmmm mmmm :]

It came with a heaping side order of a pasta salad. Delicious! 





My faves about Georgetown:

+ great area on the outskirts of D.C.
+ lots of charm
+ Shop owners are friendly and welcoming
+ Historical sites and plaques spotted the area  (learn WHILE shopping!)
+ Wide variety of food options (fro yo, french, kabobs, mexican, sandwiches, etc)
+ Wide variety of shopping (Anthro, JCrew, Paper Source, West Elm, Jack Wills, small boutiques, etc)
+ Brick sidewalks :]
+ River walk along the Potomac 

- Parking is pricey $$





If you are ever in the D.C. area, check Georgetown out.
I think there is a little something there for any traveler.

The history buff...
the shop-a-holic....
the traveling family...
the young mommy...
etc!




Keep your eyes open for next Tuesday!
I'll be hitting up San Fran!


You don't wanna miss out :]

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were taking all those pics! Makes me want to go there some time. ;) I really really do love Georgetown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Cant wait to hear about San Fran, I am dying to go there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...