Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Travel Tuesday

This is week two and I am already loving this tradition!
Check out last week's here



This week I am taking you to one of my all time
 favorite spots back home in the Bay Area,  Burlingame Avenue


Burlingame Ave. is located a few minutes South of the San Francisco Airport
off of the 101 and about 15 from my house.


My mom and I make a point to visit these streets
at least once while I am home.


Today we started with a Chicken Caesar Salad from Copenhagen Bakery.
This is seriously THE best salad I have ever had.






Copenhagen serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, with options ranging from 
pastries to salads to sandwiches to more specialized European dishes in the evenings. 


Next we crossed the street to hit Sephora. 
We love to go up and down each row of cosmetics, trying new colors, 
or getting tips on some new techniques. 


Now your shopping can really begin! 
Burlingame Ave has a wide variety of stores.




To name a few:
Pottery Barn
JCrew
Anthropologie
Gap
Banana Republic
The Loft
Jigsaw
Apple
etc, etc, etc


Mixed amongst the name brand shops are wonderful boutiques, book stores, and flower shops.
A little bit of everything :]


The weather is almost always perfect (it's the Bay Area, what else would you expect!!).
Not a bad way to spend your afternoon!!
Or a few :]




Here are my faves about Burlingame Ave:

+ selection of places to eat (wide variety of restaurants and types of food)
+ relaxed shopping atmosphere
+ Outside setting
+ Charm of store front shops along a street in residential area
+ Selection of stores 
+ Copenhagen Bakery
+ Play structures for kids
+ Opportunity to enjoy fresh air and get some exercise in from shop to shop
+ Most of the shops listed above give me a teacher discount of 15% off  (love that)


- Parking...it can be difficult to come by and bring your quarters!! (meters)
- Restaurants can get a little pricey $$




I love Burlingame Ave. for many reasons and I 
guarantee you'd quickly find more than enough 
reasons of your own to return to it's streets
 time and time again :]





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...