Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dollar Spot

Remember how I love Target?


One of my favorite things about Target is the Dollar Spot.
You know, the area in the front of the store with bins and bins of things for just a dollar!

I have had my eye on the Dollar Spot ever since April, when I found out I'd be teaching 1st grade!

I really hoped to find things that would help with "word work." Word work is a station the kids visit to help with handwriting, spelling words, word families, manipulating sounds, etc, etc etc. 

You often need to get pretty crafty and clever to catch their interest :]


Here are some of the awesome things I've snagged for a $1 or less 
via the Dollar Spot:

Star pencils for the Star Student each week


Lined dry-erase boards to practice spelling words and patterns


Dry-erase letter cards to practice handwriting


Dr. Seuss pencils for Dr. Seuss Day
They're 6...they REALLY like this :]


Pocket Charts! 
Fellow teachers know how expensive these can be!


Ok, this isn't from Target, but I wanted to share it anyway.
I found this owl shaped timer at Francesca's for $6. 
Can't wait to use him in the classroom :]



Check out the Dollar Spot at your Target!
Never know what treasures you might find :]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...