Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Travel Tuesday: Stanford Mall

This week I am taking you to Palo Alto, California 
to Stanford Mall.
(I promise I do more than just shop, people!)



I love Stanford Mall.
I graduated from high school a semester early and took a 
job a JCrew to start saving money for college and build up my wardrobe. Win, win :]

Needless to say, I've spent a lot of time here.

The mall is adjacent from the Stanford University campus and is all outdoors.
It makes for a really nice afternoon.




Stop 1:   La Baguette
I frequented this spot at least once a week while I worked there.
Now, I just look forward to a baguette with each visit home!

We get the Parisian Sandwich, which is simply a ham and
cheese sandwich with a spread on a baguette.


I am sure I could easily recreate it,
but I know it wouldn't be as good :]

Grab a table under one of the umbrellas and enjoy lunch.
Don't forget your Diet Coke!




Stop 2:  Shopping
This mall is packed with stores.
Do some serious shopping!

Some of the stores include:
Macys
Nordstroms
Coach
Macy's Mens
Banana Republic
BCBG
Bloomingdales
Kate Spade
JCrew
Louis Vitton
Sephora
Gap
Burberry
etc, etc, etc




It really has a little bit of everything for basically
any shopper with any sort of budget.

I sometimes find high end stores to be intimidating....
.... but I don't find that at Stanford.

It's a very classy, yet relaxed atmosphere!
Women walk around in their workout gear and sweats.
I find that oddly comforting :]



Stop 3:   Stop and smell the roses.


But seriously...do it :)

Stanford Mall always has beautiful planter boxes.
Since the climate stays pretty consistant year-round, something is always in bloom.
It's gorgeous.





Whether you are wanting a shopping day
or just somewhere to grab a bite and enjoy the outdoors,
Stanford Mall is wonderful.






1 comment:

  1. I've been there! Once. =D With the whole fam and I shared a baguette with C. I actually remember the pretty flowers. Glad they made it to the description. I'm ready to visit there again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...