Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Where to begin??
This past weekend was absolutely wonderful.


Friday
I had some things I needed to get done Friday, but I woke up and just wanted a day to myself. I decided I would drive to Salt Lake and walk around City Creek for a few hours. I loved being outside and walking from store to store, enjoying the fresh air.
I got a salad from Kneaders and loved people watching as I ate. 
I also took a little stroll around Temple Square.
I love the Spirit I feel there :)


I stopped by my grandparents house and visited for a bit. 
Pa took me on some errands and we picked up Hires for dinner.

I then drove back to Provo to change and head up Provo Canyon for our ward campout at Canyon Glen Park. We played volleyball, soccer, ate, played Uno, laughed, saw a raccoon steal our marshmallows, and enjoyed a beautiful summer evening.


Saturday
Our Stake had a service activity Saturday morning. Some girls and I carpooled up to Deer Creek, where we pulled weeds and did some beautification. It was nice to be outside and be around others in our Stake. We also got fed lunch!

I came home and took a cat nap and then edited my talk a bit.
Michelle and I headed to Seven Peaks around 5 pm and enjoyed an evening of water slides, people watching, and some good ole' bonding :)


Sunday
I think my talk went well! I know I certainly learned a lot and that is all that matters to me! It was a very edifying Sunday!

I headed up to Midway after church for a Father's Day dinner (thanks Julie, Debra, and Kelly!). While things were being prepped, some of us watched Act of Valor downstairs. What an awesome movie! It was very eye-opening! 

Dave grilled up some hamburgers and hot dogs and we had chips, potato salad, etc. 
It was fun visiting with everyone and spending some more time outside. 
I ended the night with ward prayer and another movie! 


(sorry for lack of pictures!!!)



This week will be spent in my classroom!
Anything exciting on your plate?



1 comment:

  1. Act of Valor was VERY good. I should see it again when Mouse is napping. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...