Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Little M.I.A.

Wow! What a week.
After a week of training, meetings, family, and a wedding, I am ready for a night off!
Although it was busy, it was a wonderful week.

I was reminded of a few things....

....of what wonderful friends I have and how the Lord is very aware of my needs.

...I have been blessed with the gospel and sealed to wonderful people forever :)

...trials make you better, stronger, and make you into who you NEED to be!

...I really love my job!


Here is a brief recap of my week's events!


Thursday
I met with my team for 6 hours! My district was offering an assentive if our teams got together to talk about the new core we were just taught. I love the women I work with. We all have different experiences, personalities, and strengths. It will be a great year!

That evening I drove up to Salt Lake to say hi to my parents (who flew in for the wedding), picked up my Grandma and Pa, and drove to a rehearsal dinner for my cousin, Lexie. We ate at Market Street Grill up Cottonwood Canyon. Lexie and her husband's, Richard, personalities shown throughout the dinner. It was wonderful :)


After the dinner, I picked up my parents at my grandparents' house and drove up to Midway for the night. It was fun to visit with the Russell's, who were also here for the wedding and a summer visit.


Friday
Friday was Lexie's big day! My parents and the Russell adults drove up early for Lex's sealing and I stayed behind to help get the Russell kids ready. We met Lexie and Richard outside of the temple, took pictures, and enjoyed being together as a family. After pictures, Pa treated us to Crown Burger...mmm! 



A few cousins and I were some of Lexie's bridesmaids. We had to be at the Hidden Valley Country club, where Lex had her reception, a little early, so we headed up. It was fun to talk with them and have some girl time :) Lex had all the bridesmaids and groomsmen go out on the golf course and take pictures. It was beautiful! We hopped on golf carts and "enjoyed" and very interesting ride out there.....right Sarah ;)??


Don't hate me for this...hahah

Drew had his sparkler going at two places...
Love the face :)

Off they go!

Lexie looked beautiful and so in love. I am so excited for her and Richard.
They compliment one another so well!
Lex and I had some very special moments that night that I will never forget :)


Saturday
I enjoyed the morning with my parents in Midway. We talked, took a drive up Guardsman's Pass, and explored Zermatt resort. I really love them. 

We packed up and then headed down to Salt Lake where we spent some time with Pa, ate Hires, and then headed to the airport to drop them off.



PS...
Pa let Elsa and I mark out claim to fame in their new front walk :)




Here's to hoping your weekend was just as fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post just too much. Thank you for all your help on the big day. I couldn't have done it without you....You are so wonderful and such an example to me. Good luck with your classroom, you are going to be one heck of a teacher. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It looks like it was a great day. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...