Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Yet another fun weekend! 
Here's how it all panned out:

Friday
I decided to stay home and work on some anchor charts for my classroom. It felt great to start getting more organized, content wise. 

An anchor chart to help with Fiction and Nonfiction texts.
My activity will involve umbrellas, hence the depictions :)

I took my car in to Big O Tires to get my tires rotated and checked out. They had been sounding and feeling a bit off lately. Everything was "A O.k!"

Around 4:30 pm, a few girlfriends and I headed to 7 Peaks for a few hours. We went down some slides, laid in the lazy river, had some drinks, and enjoyed the sunshine. 

We decided to head to a movie and walk around The Riverwoods for a bit. We grabbed some ice cream and sat outside. There was some sort of activity going on, so there was music being played. Hilary, Michelle, and I decided to try out Ellen's Dance Dare. Haven't heard of it? Ellen asks people to video tape themselves dancing behind people without them knowing. Sadly we didn't catch our sweet moves on video....




Saturday
I woke up to go to a 9:30 am softball game; our ward has an intramural team. We all had a lot of fun and won! That is always a plus. I really loved being outside with everyone and enjoying the nice weather.

After the game, Michelle, Meagan, and I were going to head out to see Brave, but neglected to remember on a Saturday afternoon at 11:30 am, a Disney movie will be sold out! We decided to have lunch at Red Robin instead. Such fun and great girls.

After some errands and some laundry, a group of ward friends and I got together and headed to the Trafalga Fun Center in Lehi to play miniature golf and laser tag. I had a lot of fun getting to know others a bit better. 

We ended the night with a Sonic drink run.
A great Saturday :)


Sunday
I had an incredible day at church. We had a special Sacrament Meeting, where we had a hymn testimony meeting. We had the opportunity to get up and tell a little about our favorite hymn and then state a verse we'd like the congregation to sing.
 It was a very powerful experience. 

I shared the hymn "Reverently and Meekly Now." I love this hymn because it is as if the Savior speaking to me. My favorite verse is number 4.

"Be obedient, I implore. Prayerful, watchful, evermore.
And be constant unto to me, That why Savior I may be."

Get's me every time! 

During Relief Society and Priesthood meetings, we had a combined meeting where the members of the Bishopric and their wives each took a few minutes and shared with us a lesson they've learned in life they'd like to share. 

The Spirit was so strong and I really felt the Lord's love for me and how He is very aware of each and every one of us. 

Michelle invited Chelsea and I over for dinner. She made a delicious Chinese themed dinner for a few of us. It was fun to have a home cooked meal. Thanks, Michelle. 

After ward prayer, I went up to a game night with a few ward friends. 


Here's to a wonderful week :)
Hope your week is looking just as bright!





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...